Sunday 9 April 2017

My Pet Bat (poem)



One late night, I saw a bat,
Hanging on a tree,
With a gold streak on its wing,
It suddenly winked at me! 

"Can I be your pet?"
It swooped down and asked me,
Yes, he spoke words in English,
talking bat! But well, I did agree!!

A month passed by, frolicking together,
Then we tried out something new. 
He became my hand-glider! 
Which is only possible for bats rare and few. 

He was quite large, you know! 
We flew all over the world,
From Arctic to Antartic, 
Our glider whirled! 

He is my any-time-travel buddy,
The best I've ever had;
And to have him as a friend, 
Makes me really glad!

~ Anoushka Sabnis

1 comment:

What peace means to me

What peace means to me - Is a world with smiles and glee! No wars or terrorist attacks, Or stolen goods in sacks. Friends...