Sunday 2 April 2017

A Fluttery Dreamer (poem)


 
I am a butterfly,
Colourful and small,
I may have a silly dream,
I may not be prettiest of all.

But I don't want to flutter around,
I want to soar the sky,
My friends all make fun of me, 
They say things with fie!

My dreams, my thoughts,
My folks don't agree,
I still fly high in the vast sky,
So they too can understand and see.

One day I flew for hours and hours, 
Up high with the clouds so white
I saw green meadows and grazers below,
Oh my! What a spectacular sight!

On that day something changed,
My friends listened to my tales with belief,
They too now fly high with me,
And have now made me their chief!

~ Anoushka Sabnis

1 comment:

  1. Such an inspirational yet simple poem! Go out and inspire the world!

    ReplyDelete

What peace means to me

What peace means to me - Is a world with smiles and glee! No wars or terrorist attacks, Or stolen goods in sacks. Friends...