Sunday 23 April 2017

If I were...



If I were a bird, I'd be an eagle,
I'd not flutter by the sea side,
like a stupid seagull,
I’d fly high with pride!

If I were an animal, I'd be a hare,
I'd not laze around,
like a fat bear,
I'd leap on the ground!

If I were an insect, I'd be a bee,
I'd not, all over animals, jump
like a pesky flea,
If you'd hurt me, I’d give you a sting on your rump!

But I’m a human, I love the way I am,
I’m just like the animals I want to be!
Energetic, fast, and proud I am,
I hope someone out there wants to be like me!

~ Anoushka Sabnis

1 comment:

  1. Very beautiful and thoughtful writing! And so mature for a young girl your age!

    ReplyDelete

What peace means to me

What peace means to me - Is a world with smiles and glee! No wars or terrorist attacks, Or stolen goods in sacks. Friends...