Sunday 5 March 2017

ZooZoo! (poem)



Today I went to the zoo
And saw many animals there,
From lion to bear,
Tiger to hare!

I saw a part which said,
'Rare Animals'
So I left the section of seagulls,
To where I could here animals growling like cannibals!

I was dumbfounded at what I saw,
Half a bird, half a frog,
Half a turtle, half a dog
Half a cat, half a hog!

The bird-frog's name was Biribbit,
Dog-turtle was Turtogles
Hog-cat was Catog,
And a horse-cow was Moorse!

I was not sure if these were real,
Biribbit, Catog, Turtogles,
They all were wearing goggles,
In my mind this still boggles!

Suddenly, a huge Catog,
Jumped out from its cage,
It snapped its paws with rage  
And poof! I was back in the 21st century age!

The Rare Animals board was no longer there,
Where it was when I entered,
I turned to go back, just when in a far sight I figured,
A cat and a hog walking hand in hand, they winked at me mysteriously absurd!

In that moment, I knew something
I had been transported to an era of hybrid-being!
Was that the future or past of evolution,
I still don't have a solution!

~ Anoushka Sabnis 



No comments:

Post a Comment

What peace means to me

What peace means to me - Is a world with smiles and glee! No wars or terrorist attacks, Or stolen goods in sacks. Friends...