Saturday 25 February 2017

The Big Wash! (poem)



On a Sunday morn, mummy said - 
"Today's your turn to clean clothes in the machine"
So I put the dirty ones in and starting working,
While the clothes were getting clean!

After a while, when they were clean,
I went to hang them out,
And then I saw another pile of dirty clothes on my bed,
Sighed, and turned on the washing machine all about! 

When I went to hang these out,
I wondered if there'll be,
Another heap of dirty clothes,
Waiting for me to see!

And I was right, for when I went in,
Yet another pile was greeting me,
"Come on and put us in the machine,
So that we're clean for your mom to see!"

I got all mad, but still put them in,
And made a commitment,
"If there's another pile again,
In the machine I'll punch and make a huge dent!"

I hung the third pile and went in my room,
And what d'you suppose I saw?
Well, you're right! Another pile,
And I said, "I'll eat them raw!" 

I flung the clothes around and round,
In anger my face went red!
Even the clean ones were now dirty,
And then I just wanted to bang my head!

When mommy came,
She saw the mess,
And exclaimed, "Oh God,
This gives me stress!"

After clearing up the mess,
I jumped towards my bed,
Slept, what was like a long nap,
And dreamt of a washing machine that said:

"Cmon, clean, clean, clean! Don't be lazy!"
Then the voice slowly fainted and the image went hazy!

~ Anoushka Sabnis

No comments:

Post a Comment

What peace means to me

What peace means to me - Is a world with smiles and glee! No wars or terrorist attacks, Or stolen goods in sacks. Friends...