Sunday 12 March 2017

The Oak inside the Acorn! (poem)



I am a tree,
A big and ancient oak,
I have friendly neighbours,
Birds, squirrels and frogs that croak.

I love the sky,
Fluffy clouds and the sun so bright,
My long underground roots,
Keep me fit and tight!

My leaves are pretty,
My fruit is too,
It's called the acorn,
Squirrels love it; do you?

At night, owls and squirrels,
Sleep on my branches and in holes,
Some animals sleep in the night,
Whiles others search for food, like moles!

I love being a tree,
The winds and the rains,
The dew and the flowers,
The grasshoppers and the plains!

I am tall and mighty,
Grow from an acorn small and round,
You know me for my strength and endurance, 
I am however just a small nut that held its ground!

~ Anoushka Sabnis (aka Oak!)

1 comment:

  1. Very thoughtful. Lovely writing. Keep entertaining and educating us with your poems!

    ReplyDelete

What peace means to me

What peace means to me - Is a world with smiles and glee! No wars or terrorist attacks, Or stolen goods in sacks. Friends...