Sunday 17 September 2017

The old lady's mother (poem)

When I was born,
My mother hugged me tight.
Not a fear was there in life.

When I was a toddler,
My mother held my finger.
And I walked for the very first time.

When I was a 7-year old,
My mother taught me ten plus ten was twenty
And my knowledge developed.

When I was a teenager,
My mother kept nagging.
I was so irritated.

When I joined an office,
My mother invested a lot in me.
She was a great mentor.

When I got married,
My mother didn't cry half a tear.
We stayed happy all along.

When I became a mother,
My mother pampered me.
And I was on cloud nine.

When I became a grandma,
My mother was frail.
I pampered her in turn.

Now I'm 95 years old,
Coughing, stuttering, sneezing.
And her final bell has rung.

~ Anoushka Sabnis

5 comments:

  1. Wonderful description! Lovely writing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. very wonderful journey capturing the right feelings aptly.When has she written it? I mean the occasion.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for appreciating! I wrote this poem recently over a weekend.

      Delete
  3. very wonderful journey capturing the right feelings aptly.When has she written it? I mean the occasion.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice Anushka right description of life in such a philosophical way

    ReplyDelete

What peace means to me

What peace means to me - Is a world with smiles and glee! No wars or terrorist attacks, Or stolen goods in sacks. Friends...