Sunday 4 December 2016

The Orthopedic and Tigger (poem)



One day there was a tiger big,
In an orthopedic's chair;
On its head there was a wig,
And in it's eyes, a hungry glare.

He said, "Oh doctor, look at my bones!
They are so thin and weary; they should be like stones!"
The doctor said, "Umm..ok bro! I'll try to fix your bones so thin."
When he said 'bro' he really didn't mean the tiger as his kin!

Old Tigger said, "Bend down a bit,
'Cause if you stand, then I can't sit"
The doctor was as pale as cheese,
And thought, "Can someone please put me at ease?"

Said Tigger, "Come on, move on, you silly thing,
or give me something for chewing!"
The doctor fearfully said, "Okay."
As he had no courage for anything else to say.

He bent down a bit to sit,
And Tigger said, "Oh, stupid twit!"
I'm gonna eat you yes, I am!
I'll savour you with bread and jam!"

Suddenly a lady came in and screamed,
"Oh, Tiggy, little cubby, you were lost it seemed!"
And she started crying like a mad woman,
But suddenly took from her pocket a gun!

She said, "Naughty Tiggy, up to your tricks?"
"If you eat that man, I'll beat you with bricks!"
The doctor said,"Take it away! I hate animals, okay?"
The woman thanked the doctor for being gentle with Tiggy,
Put him on a leash, and went with a sway!

 ~ Anoushka Sabnis 

1 comment:

  1. Love the humour in this poem! Keep writing and entertaining your fans!!

    ReplyDelete

What peace means to me

What peace means to me - Is a world with smiles and glee! No wars or terrorist attacks, Or stolen goods in sacks. Friends...