Sunday 11 December 2016

Cap'n Pegleg Meg (poem)


A storm was up,
 In th' mornin' bright,
'n I, th' scurvy pirate said, "Ahoy!"
" Me buckos, let 'tis be not a toy!"

"To start th' day, lets sharpen our swords,
then let th' cannons roll,"
"Yarr cap'n, then let the anchor loose!"
"Sounds nice, me sailing partners,, I'll not let ye choose!"

When finally th' ship was sailin' 'n up,
I thought ' bout me broken pegleg 
'n looked up in th' sky, th' sun
Me golden pegleg gleamin' , like a special one

Then me bucks cap'n McCallister cried out,
"Matey, thar be a dragon out thar,
change  th' route, change it, ye fool!"
"Shut up 'n let me sail", said I, wavin' a chicken pegleg 'n he drools.

In 'bout a week from then,
Me 'n me shipmates reached land.
"Set anchor, ahoy, Pondy! Ye idiot,
Now I'll not let ye rest, I'll snatch ye hut!"

We read th' map 'n dug up th' treasure,
Oh, what a beauty o' gems 'n diamonds!
"Hi-ho, me beauty!" Said I.
"We'll sail back to our land", said cap'n Pegleg Meg, I!

"We sailed back 'n had parties, a lot!
Th' treasure mostly with me."
"Th' adventure done, mission complete,
'n I, Pegleg Meg, was now on me throne, me seat!"

~ Anoushka Sabnis (a.k.a. Cap'n Pegleg Meg!)

1 comment:

  1. Amazingly awesome!! I've read and re-read this poem so many times! Love it every time.. just a little more than the previous time!

    ReplyDelete

What peace means to me

What peace means to me - Is a world with smiles and glee! No wars or terrorist attacks, Or stolen goods in sacks. Friends...