Sunday 20 March 2016

Book-o-topia! (poem)



Books have pages, and they have stories,
Here I have a book, about a house with many storeys,

This house with many storeys, has a bookshelf,
On one extreme end of which stands a book by itself,

This book on the shelf has a little photo,
Of a magical book which has a golden glow,

The magical book with its special glow,
Has a magic spell... Feena Zeena Glum Doh!

As I read the spell, I hear a certain hum,
And before I realise, I have transformed... into a bookworm!

I wriggle on pages, eat stories and drink ink
I play with pens, and in delight, don't even blink,

I crawl up to another book, and love the way the pages smell,
Then squiggle to the bookshelf, and for sometime there I dwell,

I see similar worms on other racks and shelves,
Then we eat, sing and dance, all by ourselves,

This is a magical terrene and I see a house with book walls,
There are clipboard top tables, pencil legs and all,

I explore the house more, and wiggle to the basement,
There I see a tunnel, with stun and amazement,

The tunnel takes me through, to my main book,
And on its last page, I stare and look!

Lo behold.. it's a reverse spell to get to the human world!
I utter the spell, with my little tail curled,

With yet another hum, I get transported back to my room,
And find myself holding the book, in front of my rose bloom!

I check the clock and no time has passed,
I am delighted, I am entranced!

So ecstatic to discover the Book-o-topia land!
I keep going there to visit my bookworm band!

~ Anoushka Sabnis

1 comment:

What peace means to me

What peace means to me - Is a world with smiles and glee! No wars or terrorist attacks, Or stolen goods in sacks. Friends...