Sunday 21 February 2016

Bake-a-Cake! (poem)


It's Sunday and I want to bake,
Well, let's bake a chocolate cake!

First let's take a really big bowl,
And put some flour, five tablespoons whole;

Now break three eggs in,
And then with a blender, mix and spin;

In then go, some cocoa and baking powder,
The blender now spins, faster and louder;

Now put some butter, then, sugar, oil and milk,
And whisk till the batter, is smooth as silk;

In one corner, a baking dish is waiting,
And in the other, some chocolate I'm grating!

The batter is now, in the microwave oven,
The smell engulfs my house like music of Beethoven!

The timer is up,
The cake comes out;
My tongue goes slurp,
And I'm dancing all around!

~ Anoushka Sabnis

5 comments:

  1. Nice attempt at writing couplets. Next maybe triplets or acrostic or alliterations! Way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum! Now I want some cake ..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hehe you can bake.. now that you also have the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  4. next time we will try this recipe out at south campus

    ReplyDelete

What peace means to me

What peace means to me - Is a world with smiles and glee! No wars or terrorist attacks, Or stolen goods in sacks. Friends...