Sunday 8 January 2017

Toyland! (poem)



In Toyland, lived Jolly and Tiptoe,
In their own little house, Jolly Cottage!
Accompanied by Teddy and the Clockwork Clown,
Who were also invited to their marriage!

Jolly was a smiling wooden toy sailor,
And he had a lovely song.
You'll know what the song is in a jiffy,
And don't worry, it's not too long:

'Yoho for a life on the sea,
Yoho, that's the life for me!
I wish I'd a ship
For I'd take a long trip,
Yoho for a life on the sea!
YOHO!'

Tiptoe, was also a very sweet fairy doll,
Who was on Sally's Christmas Tree,
But the other toys hated her very much,
And she used to say, "I wonder why no one wants friendship with me."

Jolly and Tiptoe had run away from Sally,
Whose nursery they had been in.
Because the other toys over there
were very unkind, they wanted to put them in a bin!

They married each other without a priest, 
Or much of an audience, or a ring,
They also named each other, as they didn't have any names,
They were very happy, and in future, more happiness they were to bring!

These characters were not MADE by me,
But by my favourite author!
Enid Blyton has created them,
In the book, Tales of Toyland; to know more, read it further!

~ Anoushka Sabnis 

1 comment:

What peace means to me

What peace means to me - Is a world with smiles and glee! No wars or terrorist attacks, Or stolen goods in sacks. Friends...